Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Voytenko, Dimitry" <DV...@SECTORBASE.COM> on 2000/11/26 23:46:23 UTC

Performance between Xalan 1.1 and Xalan 1.2.1

Hi,

Today I compared performance characteristics between Java Xalan 1.1 and
1.2.1. This is what I found out: with the same processing time stylesheet
stylesheets is pretty big "xsl:import" multiplicity, probably it's because
of that. With caching switched off loading time takes about 40% with 1.1 and
up to 75% in 1.2.1. But in 1.2.1 release notes it's said that there're
problems with precompiled stylesheets. So I'm pretty anxious of using this
feature.

Thank you,
Dmitry E. Voytenko