Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/18 14:25:18 UTC

Medical App

Hiii all,

I am developing a medical app but i have reached this:
1. For structured Data such as patient info, medical history...etc: i would use RDBMS.
2. For non-structured data such as scans, images, MRIs: i would use hbase "nosql database"

So is this new arch is good??
I need your opinions..
If so how could i link between both sql and nosql, how could i link data..

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Medical App

Posted by Ulrich Staudinger <us...@activequant.com>.
At the risk of being called snippy, if your main problem is how to link the
two, i wonder how you want to achieve getting the RDBMS structure right.

What about storing an entry ID in your RDBMS and putting the document under
the same entry ID (read row key) into your hbase?

cheers

--
Ulrich Staudinger

<http://goog_958005736>http://www.activequant.com
Connect online: https://www.xing.com/profile/Ulrich_Staudinger

Re: Medical App

Posted by Alexander Lorenz <wg...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

for unstructured data hbase, sqoop as connector between hbase and rmdbs.

as an rest interface for hbase you could use stargate. Oozie as framework for periodical jobs.

best,
Alex

sent via my mobile device

RE: Medical App