Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/01 21:58:00 UTC

Getting rid of those junk mails (i think there are)

Hi,

I am runnig (obviously) JAMES at home.
For the last 5 days, I am receiving about 500 of those mails in my outlook
(connected to JAMES) with some zip attachment (which I suspect being
viruses):
----
hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why?!
in the last days ive got some mails. i' think thaz your mails but im not
sure!

plz read and check ...
cyaaaaaaa
-----

How can I get rid of them please? Any configuration in JAMES config.xml that
will make my life easier?

Cheers.
David.

Re: Getting rid of those junk mails (i think there are)

Posted by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no>.
This is not a james sollution..... (just incase you get no answer about
james that will work for you)

I "block" them using the spam functionallity in thunderbird, just mark
those virus mail as spam and it will soon learn to filter those messages
away for you .-)

but since you are not using thunderbird, I guess this is not a problem
for you..

or you could install some free antivirus software. at home I'm using AVG
Anti-Virus Free Edition (can be found here http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
) this places itself inbetween the mail-server and the mail client on
your machine (no need to reconfigure your mail-client afaik)

/Christian andersson

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.
Any one to help me?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I block them with ClamAV on the server.
> Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/james/ClamAVScan

That's what I use, too.

	--- Noel

Re: Getting rid of those junk mails (i think there are)

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/james/ClamAVScan
Vincenzo

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.