Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Frank <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/01 15:23:06 UTC

New user PK id question

Hello,

I have a mysql table with a PK of id that is auto incremented.
The getter is not generated for this pk.
I need to use the pk id in a table as a link to allow the user to edit.
If I add the pk id to the objEntity, whenever I try to add a record, cayenne complains that the pk id field cannot be blank
I assign a value of 1 to the pk id and I can save the record.
When I look at the record just added, the pk id show the correct value assigned by mysql(not 1)

What am I doing wrong?
I need theh id to add to the link.

Thanks
Frank