Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2011/03/14 13:57:31 UTC

camel-ftp and file names containing characters above 128

I'm using camel-ftp (Camel 2.6) on Windows XP.

Being Swedish the file names sometimes contain national characters (åäöÅÄÖ).
This does not seem to work well.

If I retrieve (get) a file via camel-ftp with the name "testäÄ.txt", the
name of the received file becomes "testäÄ.txt". If I try to retrieve a
file with the name "åäöÅÄÖ.txt" then camel-ftp doesn't seem to find the file
at all.

I've tested with Serv-U as the ftp server. However, I don't think the
problem is with Serv-U since retrieving the above files using Filezilla ftp
client works fine.

Do I have to configure camel-ftp in order to use the correct character set?
Any ideas?

/Bengt

Re: camel-ftp and file names containing characters above 128

Posted by lenp <le...@redpill-linpro.com>.
no.... forget this. No problems with the Camel part at all.

Sorry.

/L

Re: camel-ftp and file names containing characters above 128

Posted by lenp <le...@redpill-linpro.com>.
Hi!

A spin off - having kind of same problem with file2, trying to pick up files
in a directory containing those characters and getting same error. Are there
any similar config like what was described for ftp2?

regards,

/L

Re: camel-ftp and file names containing characters above 128

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Ticket created,

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3787>/Bengt

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.