Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/07/31 16:03:20 UTC

[math] Status

Hey,

I just got back from a vacation and expect I'll start trying to review
and clear up some of the javadoc, checkstyle and documentation issues
for the statistics portion of the package. I'm going to start to attempt
to flesh out some usage examples in xdoc for Univariates and
UnivariateStatistics.

I also had some ideas on expanding the "UnivariateStatistic" so that we
have a generic "Statistic" interface. This interface could be extended
on to build "BivariateStatistic", "MultivariateStatistic", and
"NonparametricStatistic" Interfaces. What are others thoughts on this idea?

Statistic

    |-UnivariateStatistic
    |     |
    |     |-Mean,
    |     |-Var, etc

    |-BivariateStatistic
    |     |
    |     |-StudentsT
    |     |-ChiSquare
    |     |-BivariateRegression
    |     |-AnalysisOfVariance

    |-MultivariateStatistic
    |     |
    |     |-MultivariateRegression
    |     |-AnalysisOfCoVariance
    |     |-MultiwayAnalysisOfVariance

    |-NonparametricStatistic

          |-SignTest
          |-Wilcoxon
          |-MannWhitney
          |-KruskalWallis
          |-FriedmansTest (Twoway Nonparametric ANOVA)
          |-SpearmansRankCorrelation

Re: [math] Status

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Oh yea, like I said, I have some ideas. Didn't say I actually built
anything yet! ;-)

I'd like to get some group interaction on the subject to make this more
of a consensus/discussion sort of thing as opposed to a "one man
development adventure".

-Mark

Re: [math] Status

Posted by Al Chou <ho...@yahoo.com>.