Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sreejith <sr...@onmobile.com> on 2003/12/20 06:03:53 UTC

Custom Compoents

Hi all,
    I am fairly new to TC. Can any body tell how to develop and deploy
custom components in Tomcat.

TIA
Sreejith.

RE: Custom Compoents

Posted by Sreejith <sr...@onmobile.com>.
Tim,
	Thanks for the reply.
I am looking for some thing simlar to Jakarta Avalon in Tomcat, a component
container
which can manage the lifecycle and component lookup. For eg, I would write a
subscriber manager component
and configure it in server.xml. I expect TC to load, intialize and start the
module. Also from the servlet/JSP
these component instance should be accessible.

Any pointer on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Sreejith

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Re: Custom Compoents