Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hugh Sparks <hu...@csparks.com> on 2011/11/23 18:34:53 UTC

[C2.2] Building from checkout fails

After begin away for a short time, I find that it is no longer possible to do an svn checkout of the cocoon trunk (2.2) followed by the build script "build.sh install".  Dozens of errors are reported by maven. Most are related to daisy and nekodtd, but the problems are pervasive and I'm not sure how to proceed. This situation has been true for several months. I've tried building on Windows and Linux with similar results.

Since no one else has reported problems of this nature with C22, it occured to me that I'm simply "out of the game" and don't know where to check out the sources and what build tools to use. How are things done among the successful cocoon developers?

Details:

    svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk myCocoon
    cd myCocoon
    ./build.sh install
    [disaster]

I'm using maven 3.0.3 on Windows and Linux.

Thanks very much,

-Hugh Sparks