Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/15 14:36:08 UTC

Fw:

 Andreas
 Pre 9/11 was a time when a product which demonstrated more functionality
 would gain you a contract (and money)
 I may be old-fashioned but it is my contention that a little competition
 (rivalry) can bring out the best in a worker
 1)Develop functionality that your opponent cannot develop (can he email the
 build results..can he automatically generate testcases)
 2)Accomplish each step faster..Is your opponent using shell scripts or even
 worse makefiles? not a bad choice but implementing his solution on a
 different shell or a different platform and he is hosed
 3)Are there other reasons for his negativity? - humans become uncooperative
 when their ego is bruised (he screwed up and you pointed it out) jealousy
or
 even anger on his part can result in a lifelong enemy..If you need his
 cooperation (or in your case you want to avoid a war) attenuate your own
 goals for a short time for the 'good of the team'. Dont let this situation
 flare up into WWIII where it's you vs him. If you have less time put in or
 you dont his 'connections' to the powers that be (you forgot to go out for
 drinks with the bossman) you could be on the street with the rest of us
 Good Luck and Keep us informed,
 Martin Gainty
 (001)617-852-7822