Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 05:29:29 UTC

[VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1

All,

Please consider the following candidate as Apache Accumulo 1.5.1

Git artifacts: The staging repository was built from the branch
"1.5.1-rc1" (09e420bb). No accompanying git tag was created yet (as it
would be the same exact thing as providing the above SHA1).

Maven Staged Repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1000/

Source tarball:
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-1000/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.5.1/accumulo-1.5.1-src.tar.gz

Changes since 1.5.0:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=accumulo.git;a=commitdiff;h=d277321d176b71753d391f896f09dc9785173cb0

Keys: http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS

Testing:

All required tests as prescribed by the release guidelines[1] were
successfully completed. Randomwalk and continuous-ingest tests were
completed on a 6-node installation. JUnit and functional tests
successfully completed on a single Linux box.

This vote will be open for the next 72 hours.

Upon successful completion of this vote, a 1.5.1 gpg-signed Git tag will
be created from 09e420bb and the above staging repository will be promoted.

- Josh

[1] http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/releasing.html

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I believe I'm going to -1 this candidate. None of the issues are
sufficient on their own, but I think the collection of them is
sufficient to merit fixing and rolling a better candidate.

I also have filed and have fixes for ACCUMULO-2334, in addition to the
previously mentioned tickets.

I would still greatly appreciate any feedback from the larger community.
I won't cut a new release at least until after the original 72hrs has
passed. I'll leave the 1.5.1-RC1 branch intact for at least the 72hrs as
well.

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
FYI for those testing:

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
This vote fails with one -1 and nothing else.

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.
Ok, after chatting with you off list, I figured out where my confusion was.
You built against the default profile (Hadoop 1) and then ran those
artifacts on a Hadoop 2.2.0 cluster. I am happy with that testing
configuration.

My initial impression was that you built against Hadoop 2, tested against
Hadoop 2.2.0, and uploaded Hadoop 1 binaries.

I'll vote after I get a chance to run through some more tests. Thanks for
putting this together, Josh!

Re: [VOTE] 1.5.1-RC1

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ack -