Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/07/28 16:19:28 UTC

[OT] javamail open source implementation?

Hi,

I remember seeing an open source implementation of javamail some time back
but I can't find it again. Does anyone remember seeing this too?

For the announcement plugin we need to be able to send emails. Adding a
dependency to javamail is not cool as it is not redistributable (and not on
ibiblio). Does anyone have an alternative (I remember seeing one but I can't
fathom the name)?

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [OT] javamail open source implementation?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Yeah, I think that's the one I was thinking about. Thanks. That said, I
think it makes even more sense to use commons-net. I'll check how easy it is
to use.

Thanks again
-Vincent

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hey, I didn't know about this one. Sounds good. That'll be my second choice
if I cannot get commons-net to work.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.