Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Tolentino <jt...@apache.org> on 2006/09/18 09:05:57 UTC

Review of maven-release-plugin documentation

maven-release-plugin documentation is now ready for review.
Staging site can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~jtolentino/maven-release-plugin/

jira issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-141

Thanks,
John Tolentino

RE: Review of maven-release-plugin documentation

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.
Assuming the current version is a SNAPSHOT version, then it should remove
the SNAPSHOT for the version to be released (and tagged), then it should
increment the version and add SNAPSHOT again. I believe the increment
increments the lowest non-zero value. When you're using an interactive
command-line, it should ask what versions to release and put in the trunk
and offers defaults based on what I just mentioned.

For example, if the current version is 1.2-SNAPSHOT, then 1.2 is released
and the trunk is left at 1.3-SNAPSHOT. If the version is 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT,
then 1.2.1 is released and the trunk is left at 1.2.2-SNAPSHOT.

You can test this by using the dryRun property and looking at the
pom.xml.XXX files to see what it does.

-Nathan

Posted by Franz Allan Valencia See <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, John,