Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sonam Chauhan <so...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/29 04:33:29 UTC

Bulk JMX reconversion to 2.4 format

Due to new functionality I required, I upgraded my testsuite from JMeter
2.3.1 to 2.4.

However, I see that JMeter 2.4 cannot open my old JMX test scripts (more
than 200  scripts).*
My old test scripts are 2.3.1 and earlier.
*

>From http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/changes.html

**

*The Avalon file format for JMX and JTL files is no longer supported. Any
such files will need to be converted by reading them in JMeter 2.3.4 and
resaving them.**

*

*
Is there any way to  bulk-convert them?
*
*

*
*
**
I can programmatically
**
open the scripts
**
in
**
non-GUI mode.
**
Is there a flag I can supply to the
**
JMeter 2.3.4
**
non-GUI invoke to make JMeter 'force-save' the JMX?
*

Regards

Sonam

Re: Bulk JMX reconversion to 2.4 format

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Sonam Chauhan <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> # Compile ConvertJMX.java.
> # Previously setup  dummy directory hierarchy for saveservice.properties
> # (as setting JMETER_HOME did not work)
> #
> $ javac -cp "lib/*;lib/ext/*"  ConvertJMX.java
>

> # Run with 'a.jmx'  being the JMX file to convert.
> #
> $ java -cp "lib/*;lib/ext/*;."  ConvertJMX a.jmx
[del]
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
>        at

Are you sure the classpath is correct?
I'm guessing that you are getting errors because the a.jmx test case
contains references to classes it can't load.

Your a.jmx is stored in ${JMETER_HOME}?

Re: Bulk JMX reconversion to 2.4 format

Posted by Sonam Chauhan <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Deepak. The error is an NPE (shown below) in
'org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleSaveConfiguration'. This is thrown when
calling this statement:

    HashTree tree = SaveService.loadTree(reader);

If this cannot be solved here, I'll try JMeter-dev.

Regards
Sonam

# Compile ConvertJMX.java.
# Previously setup  dummy directory hierarchy for saveservice.properties
# (as setting JMETER_HOME did not work)
#
$ javac -cp "lib/*;lib/ext/*"  ConvertJMX.java

# Run with 'a.jmx'  being the JMX file to convert.
#
$ java -cp "lib/*;lib/ext/*;."  ConvertJMX a.jmx

Found file a.jmx
Attempting to load tree for a.jmx
INFO    2011-05-02 13:41:39.550 [jmeter.s] (): Testplan (JMX) version: 2.2.
Testlog (JTL) version: 2.2
INFO    2011-05-02 13:41:39.581 [jmeter.s] (): Using SaveService properties
file encoding ISO-8859-1
INFO    2011-05-02 13:41:39.583 [jmeter.s] (): Using SaveService properties
file version 1.2
        at
org.apache.jmeter.save.converters.SampleSaveConfigurationConverter.class$(SampleSaveConfigurationConverter.java:65)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.save.converters.SampleSaveConfigurationConverter.canConvert(SampleSaveConfigurationConverter.java:98)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.DefaultConverterLookup.registerConverter(DefaultConverterLookup.java:58)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.registerConverter(XStream.java:981)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.registerConverter(XStream.java:977)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.save.SaveService.initProps(SaveService.java:200)
        at org.apache.jmeter.save.SaveService.<clinit>(SaveService.java:148)
        at ConvertJMX.main(ConvertJMX.java:20)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleSaveConfiguration.<clinit>(SampleSaveConfiguration.java:288)
        ... 10 more

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sonam Chauhan <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sonam Chauhan <so...@gmail.com>.