Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 21:30:40 UTC

Re: Getting anonymous user feedback on Tuscany

Hi Ant,

Thank you for taking the first step to put the draft survey together.  Let's
first agree on the goal of the survey.

IMHO the survey would give Tuscany developers the cues for enhancing Tuscany
to further help businesses that adapt SCA for developing their SOA-based
solutions.

Assuming that this is the baseline, some questions that can be asked in the
survey could be as follows ( I borrowed questions from the draft survey that
Ant had published, but thought it is easier to form the questions in this
email thread rather than using the survey tool).

Understand baseline
1. In what stage of development are you in? a) prototype b) in development
c) in production
2. What release of Apache Tuscany do you use?
- List releases to choose from (Click option)
3. What runtime platform do you use?  a) Tomcat b) Geronimo c) JBoss d)
Vendor specific e) Standalone

 Understand what is needed
4. Which technologies do you use in your solution?
-List to choose from a) JEE b) Spring c) BPEL d) J2SE  e) Scripting
languages f) OSGI e) ESB, C++, other
- If you mentioned other, please indicate what

5. Which SCA binding and implementation types do you use?
- List Bindings and implementation to choose from in the survey
- What additional bindings or implementation types would you like to see?
 6. How would you rate ease of installation and use?
a) very good  b) good  c) fair  d) poor
- What suggestion do you have for improving this?

  7. If you have not adopted Tuscany yet, what will help you make that
decision?

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
Looks good. Are you planning to post this soon? Thank you for putting it
together.
It might be helpful to let users know that the survey will take 1-2 minutes.
I gave it a try.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
Ant,