Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu> on 2002/03/17 15:11:11 UTC

[OT] IDE survey

Hi coccon coders,
After looking at the JBuilder issues,
I started to grow an interest on the IDE configs
amongst the cocoon developers.
So whats our environment?
We use XML Spy for xml related dev
and a beta of IntelliJ Idea for the Java stuff.

So, please, lets gather this info. I think there are
potentialcocoon users out there that is hesitating
because they don not know what tools are avaliable

/Per-Olof Norén

Re: [OT] IDE survey

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <de...@cocooncenter.de>.

On 17.03.2002 at 15:11 Per-Olof Norén wrote:

>Hi coccon coders,
>After looking at the JBuilder issues,
>I started to grow an interest on the IDE configs
>amongst the cocoon developers.
>So whats our environment?
>We use XML Spy for xml related dev
>and a beta of IntelliJ Idea for the Java stuff.

Relying on Open Source and freeware, I use Netbeans for
Java implementation and Cooktop for XML / XSLT. Netbeans'
built-in Tomcat makes it very easy to develop Servlet solutions.

I didn't try the Netbeans XML module yet, maybe it's worth
a look.

Greetings,
Andreas

Re: [OT] IDE survey

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@managingpartners.com>.
On Sunday 17 March 2002 09:11 am, Per-Olof Norén wrote:
> We use XML Spy for xml related dev
> and a beta of IntelliJ Idea for the Java stuff.

I use IDEA 2.5.2, haven't been brave enough to try Adriana yet. I used to use
XMLSpy when I was developing on Win32, but now I'm purely on Linux and thus
use IDEA for my XML needs. I miss XML Spy though.
-pete

Re: [OT] IDE survey

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, [iso-8859-1] Per-Olof Norén wrote:

> So whats our environment?
> We use XML Spy for xml related dev

jedit and occasionally XML Spy ...

Andrew.

Managing Director                              Tel:  +44 (0)20 8553 6622