Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jakob van Bethlehem <ja...@jet-stream.nl> on 2013/03/05 17:22:44 UTC

Using CSV data config component with HTTP Request?

Dear users,

Just wondering, maybe it is simple, but if even possible, my gut feeling is that it is not that straightforward:

Suppose I have a big set of HTTP Request test-cases in some spreadsheet software: one row is one set of GET-parameters (each column represents one of the allowed parameters), but many columns may be empty as well in a given case.

Would it be possible to load each of those cases in a HTTP-Request component and run each test (using either the CSV data config component or the CSV reader function) ? It would be required that only parameters that do have a value are added to the GET URL. I'm not sure exactly what combination of Thread-setting and Logical Components would be needed to achieve this, if at all possible.

Sincerely,
Jakob van Bethlehem

Re: Using CSV data config component with HTTP Request?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
>Would it be possible to load each of those cases in a HTTP-Request
component and run each test (using either the CSV data config component or
the CSV reader function) ? It would be required that only parameters that
do have a value are added to the GET URL

Option 1 - Your easiest solution is to preprocess your file (for which you
can also use the JMeter setup threadgroup) to go through this file and form
the URL as you want (you can use java/beanshell/bsf in a setup threadgroup
for this purpose or you can do it as part of whatever launches Jmeter e.g.
an ant build) - in which case your Jmeter test is simple , it just uses the
URL

Option 2 - Programmatically add these parameters - for e.g. --
http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2010/03/dynamic-parameters-in-jmeter.html

regards
deepak