Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2011/03/07 21:17:29 UTC

Distributed Transaction Manager

Hi guys,

Following from my message about distributed Spaces, I agree with
Patricia that a distributed transaction manager would be a more
useful/necessary first step.

So in the same vein I've created a Jira to start thinking more about
what we need in a DTM.

Comments and so on are always welcome.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-394

Cheers,

Tom

wikipedia update

Posted by jg...@simulexinc.com.
Just FYI,
I made some minor updates to the Jini/Apache River page, the Apache Template, and the Tuple Space implementation list.

The first two changes amounted to referring to the non-incubator page for the link to apache and "promoting" River to be a Top Level Project as far as the Apache Template is concerned (the template appears at the bottom of pages describing Apache projects).

For the Tuple Space implementation list, I alphabetized it, reformatted it into a table (was a list with many commas), added licensing information, and added Apache River.   I also moved it to a top-level element, as some of the listed implementations are not specifically "Javaspace" implementations.

Naturally, everyone is invited to check for errors, though hopefully I did not introduce any new ones - everything there was based upon either the host website or what was already there.

I should also note that Jini/Apache River page could probably use a little love at some point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuple_space#Tuple_Space_Implementations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jini

jamesG

PS: If anyone knows which license LIME is provided under, please edit the table appropriately.