Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Eide <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/06 06:41:36 UTC

Security constraints & URL rewriting

Hi

I'd like to re-write some of the URLs of my web app to support
wildcard prefixes (ie, /<resource-id value>/servlet/) and wonder if
this is possible when using authentication defined by security
constraints (and url-pattern) in the web.xml

As I understand it, the HTTP request is authenticated before my URL
re-writing filter is invoked (and would fail, as I can't map all
possible resource-id value combinations)

Is it possible to change the order in which tomcat does
authentication, so that my filter gets a chance to re-write the URL
first ?

Erik