Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anjan Rao <an...@techsar.com> on 2001/07/26 02:30:25 UTC

Does URL Sampler handler Simple Redirects?

hi,
  I am trying to use JMeter to load test a site. The pages in this site
typically throw redirects to other pages. When were JMeter hits upon a page
that does a redirect i am getting the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://www.abc.com:80/mss/tch/intermyaccount.asp
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
.java:545)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(HttpURLConnect
ion.java:810)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.saveConnectionCookies(HT
TPSampler.java:346)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
253)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
111)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:134)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Cheers,
Anjan

Re: Does URL Sampler handler Simple Redirects?

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
JMeter handles redirects (via the "Location" header).  It won't follow META
tag redirects, or anything in Javascript, of course.  I don't know why you're
getting this error.  If this is happening during redirects, you might want a
print out of all the URL's JMeter is attempting and make sure they are all
correct.  This stack trace include only one URL, but if a redirect is going
on, then there are others that may be the real cause.

-Mike

On Thursday 26 July 2001 00:30, Anjan Rao wrote:
> hi,
>   I am trying to use JMeter to load test a site. The pages in this site
> typically throw redirects to other pages. When were JMeter hits upon a page
> that does a redirect i am getting the following error:
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> http://www.abc.com:80/mss/tch/intermyaccount.asp
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnectio
>n ..java:545)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(HttpURLConnec
>t ion.java:810)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.saveConnectionCookies(H
>T TPSampler.java:346)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java
>: 253)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java
>: 111)
>         at
> org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:134) at
> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
>
> Cheers,
> Anjan

Mike Stover