Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thamarajah Dharma <TD...@virtusa.com> on 2003/06/27 07:06:28 UTC

How to create checkboxe within an iterator tag.

Hi all.

I have  a situation where i need to create checkboxes within an iterator
tag.
 i tried creating it with a multibox inside the iterator tag but it throws
me this error

 javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: You must specify the value attribute or
nested tag content
     at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.MultiboxTag.doEndTag(MultiboxTag.java:245)

how to overcome this problem...

thanx in
sasi

Re: How to create checkboxe within an iterator tag.

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.
     Hi
kindly look at the dumps from my struts application which will definately usefull to u in fullfiling ur requirements.

<<<<Put this in ur jsp>>>
     <%
     String[] items = {"xyz","abc"};
     request.setAttribute("items",items);
     %>
     <logic:iterate id="item" name="items">
       <bean:write name="item"/>
       <bean:write name="item"/>
     </logic:iterate>

<<put this in ur actionform>>
 private String[] selectedItems = {};
 public String[] getSelectedItems()
 {
   return this.selectedItems;
 }
 public void setSelectedItems(String[] selectedItems)
 {
   this.selectedItems = selectedItems;
 }
 public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request)
{
  String [] arrSelectedItems={};
  this.setSelectedItems(arrSelectedItems);
 }
<<<in ur action class u can crosscheck what u r getting from request>>>

  String[] selectedItems = request.getParameterValues("selectedItems");
   for(int i=0;i<(selectedItems.length);i++)
     {
      System.out.println("Index value-->"+i);
      System.out.println("Logic-->"+ selectedItems[i]);
     }

For further information u can take a look at the following url.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.user/52790/match=html+multibox+

Cheers
Prashanth