Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@joda.org> on 2018/08/30 18:28:37 UTC

Re: [Math] Beta release (Was: [All] What's in a "beta" release?)

What I would love to see it a release of commons-math 3 with an
Automatic-Module-Name for Java 9 modules (potentially the only
change). You could use the release as a way of advertising the
progress towards v4.

Stephen

Re: [Math] Beta release

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 19:28:37 +0100, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> What I would love to see it a release of commons-math 3

Is it usual to release an unsupported codebase?
If yes, is there someone willing to work on this?

> with an
> Automatic-Module-Name for Java 9 modules (potentially the only
> change).

A v3.6.1.1 thus?

> You could use the release as a way of advertising the
> progress towards v4.

Fine to write a paragraph in the release notes; but I'm not so
sure that it would change anything to the current situation.
What incentive will people still using v3.6.1 (or lower) have
for using v4.0-beta (or contribute to get to v4.0)?

Gilles