Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk> on 2014/02/13 08:24:12 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Hi

On Ubuntu 12.04 with java 1.7.0_51 I eventually get
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" when running the entire solr
test-suite on trunk
cd .../trunk/solr
export ANT_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -Xmx4096m"
nohup ant clean test >test.out 2>&1 &

I can see that there has been quite some talking about the issue, and
some JIRAs but I have been unable to find a good solution. What can I do?

java -version
java version "1.7.0_51"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

Regards, Per Steffensen

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Posted by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>.
-Dargs="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m" helped! Thanks

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,