Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gary Affonso <gl...@greywether.com> on 2007/11/08 05:10:13 UTC

Re: struts2 Action pojo can not bind beans

TANG Xigen wrote:

> Thank you very much for you reply!
>
> but i try remove <interceptor-ref> from <action> , s2 still do not
> bind my beans.
>

> also, i have no idea about the concept of defaultStack,could you
> explain to me more or where i can get some help pages about it?

For interceptor docs, this is a good start...

  http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/interceptors.html

---

Also, I'm a little confused about what "beans" you're binding to.  Your
action does not expose a bean/object, it simply exposes two Strings
that are properties of the action (username and password).

Not that there's really much difference between binding to properties
of a bean exposed by the action and binding to properties of the action
itself, but I just didn't want you to think you're doing something (bean
binding) that you don't appear to be doing.

If you want both your custom interceptor and the default-stack of
interceptors
to run for you action you can do this...

<action name="Logon!*" method="{1}" class="foo">
	<interceptor-ref name="LanguageFocusInterceptor"></interceptor-ref>
	<interceptor-ref name="default"></interceptor-ref>
	... the rest of the action definition goes here
</action>

Or you could define a new default stack that includes your custom
interceptor.  That's described here:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/how-do-we-configure-an-interceptor-to-be-used-with-every-action.html

- Gary