Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sam <qi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/14 09:18:11 UTC

How to excludes some classes when deploy jar via jar plugin?

HI ,My friends:
     I used maven-jar-plugin for deploy a jar in the project,but I want to
exclude some clasaes file out of the jar,is there somebody knows how to do
it?Thanks advance.

SV: Problems finding custom archetype...

Posted by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no>.
Hi again Wendy,

You made my day ;-)

I had version 1.0-alpha-3. Upgraded to 1.0-alpha-4, and it worked.

Thank you very much!!

Regards

Arne

________________________________

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

SV: Problems finding custom archetype...

Posted by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no>.
Hi Wendy,

Her is the command and the resulting output. Would be greate if you are able to spot the error:

C:\tmp>mvn archetype:create \
    -DgroupId=no.offsimcentre \
    -DartifactId=testing  \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=no.offsimcentre \
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=osc-archetype-simple \
    -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT \
    -DremoteRepositories=http://osc.hials.no/maven2/Snapshots

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus
.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File: org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated: org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template : VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm : org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be  global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : messages on  : VM system will output logging messages
[INFO] Velocimacro : autoload off  : VM system will not automatically reload global library macros
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: no.offsimcentre
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
GroupId: no.offsimcentre
ArtifactId: osc-archetype-simple
Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=no.offsimcentre -DartifactId=osc-archetype-simple \
        -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  no.offsimcentre:osc-archetype-simple:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon May 14 17:44:34 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/7M
C:\Documents and Settings\asty\Skrivebord>

Re: Problems finding custom archetype...

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/07, Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no> wrote:

> I've tried this too, but still it will not work. When I chekout the archetype project (that is used to create the archetype), and do a "mvn install", then creating a new project using the new archetype works fine on this PC too.....

Please post the command you're using and the resulting error message.
It's hard to debug "doesn't work". :)

--
Wendy

SV: Problems finding custom archetype...

Posted by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no>.
Hi Wendy,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no>.
Hi,

I've tried to build my own archetype to use when new projects are to be created here at our company. I've followed the recepie at http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/archetype.html, and my new archetype works fine when running it from the same machine as it was created (and installed in the local repository).

Re: How to excludes some classes when deploy jar via jar plugin?

Posted by sam <qi...@gmail.com>.
OH,.
     God,It looks like I must get it via some other method.and I am doing
this now,but new troubles has become.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.