Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Petr Suchomel <ps...@itsignet.cz> on 2000/09/09 09:30:13 UTC

Problems with Upload

I looked forward at the problem with upload files on server with MultipartRequest object from servlets.com
Where is problem if i send file on server ?
First time i thought that problem is in MultipartRequest object but than I tried this

Under Apache + Tomcat it leads to Error 500
Under Tomcat as http server it leads to strange state ... (probably Error 500) .. page can't be displayed in IE5 with no error message

      if( request.getContentLength() > 32000 )
        {
            System.out.println("Over limit");
            response.sendRedirect("/somepath/error.jsp");
            return;
        }

If I test the same problem under servlet runner ( from Symantec cafe API 2.0) it works correctly

Please help
Petr

Installing Tomcat with Apache

Posted by Michael Deck <de...@cleansoft.com>.
I'm getting the following message when I start apache:

API module structure `jserv_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?

I looked for the FAQ but it was down.

Here's what I've done so far:

* install stock apache 1.3.9 from rpm
* download mod_jserv.so from jakarta site
* rebuild mod_jserv.so
* uninstall apache 1.3.9
* rebuild apache 1.3.12 from sources using

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --add-module=/usr/local/src/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv/mod_jserv.c --enable-shared=jserv

got a different message at this point so i copied mod_jserv.so back over to libexec and got the garbled message again.

-Mike

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.