Posted to user@flume.apache.org by ke...@rogers.com on 2016/02/05 20:28:43 UTC

MVN compile of flume on Linux

Greetings,
 I am able to compile Flume 1.7 on my PC/Windows but it fails when I attempt to compile it on a Linux server.
The error I get is the following;
[INFO] Scanning for projects...[WARNING][WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.apache.flume:flume-ng-core:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT[WARNING] 'profiles.profile[hbase-1].dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)' must be unique: org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-minicluster:jar -> duplicate declaration of version ${hadoop.version} @ org.apache.flume:flume-parent:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT, /home/kwiggins/GENView-Analytics/GENView-Analytics/SBCFlume/trunk/flume-trunk/flume/pom.xml, line 255, column 23[WARNING][WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.[WARNING][WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.[WARNING]
..

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project flume-ng-core: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.flume:flume-ng-core:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.apache.flume:flume-ng-sdk:jar:tests:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

I've seen some posts about this in other forums but no resolutions.
Thanks,Keith

Re: MVN compile of flume on Linux

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Running mvn clean install -DskipTests should work. Once you do that you
should be able to do mvn clean install as well.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:29 AM <ke...@rogers.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>  I am able to compile Flume 1.7 on my PC/Windows but it fails when I
> attempt to compile it on a Linux server.
>
> The error I get is the following;
>
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
> model for org.apache.flume:flume-ng-core:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
> [WARNING]
> 'profiles.profile[hbase-1].dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)'
> must be unique: org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-minicluster:jar -> duplicate
> declaration of version ${hadoop.version} @
> org.apache.flume:flume-parent:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT,
> /home/kwiggins/GENView-Analytics/GENView-Analytics/SBCFlume/trunk/flume-trunk/flume/pom.xml,
> line 255, column 23
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
> threaten the stability of your build.
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
> building such malformed projects.
> [WARNING]
>
> .
> .
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project flume-ng-core: Could not resolve
> dependencies for project org.apache.flume:flume-ng-core:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT:
> Could not find artifact
> org.apache.flume:flume-ng-sdk:jar:tests:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]
>

> I've seen some posts about this in other forums but no resolutions.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Hari