Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/05/17 15:27:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release struts-legacy 1.0

We previously tried moving the Struts 1.0 GenericDataSource and
GenericConnection classes to a new package under contrib, dubbed
"struts-legacy". I've now extended the package to support builds under
JVM 1.3 or JVM 1.4. (There is a source branch for each, selectable as an
buildfile property.)

I propose that we release the Struts Legacy package so binary JARs can
be made available for use with other distributions.

The binary JVM 1.3 version is upwardly compatible with JVM 1.4 (as is
the existing Struts 1.0 class). The Struts 1.1 distribution would then
be able to acquire this JAR from our own public release directory. We
can replace the Struts 1.1 dependencies on the commons-dbcp and
commons-pool jars with a dependency on own struts-legacy.jar.

Since Martin is +0 on the datasource issue, I can volunteer as Release
Manager, if he is unavailable.

-Ted.

RE: [VOTE] Release struts-legacy 1.0

Posted by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com>.
+1 here, you know my feelings on this subject :-)

James