Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2011/11/08 23:42:55 UTC

namespace command lookup vs lsearch

Hi

This question is not strictly bound to Rivet though it's related
to a project I'm carrying on based on Rivet...

I need to process XML data and at every page request and I
need to design an extensible and configurable mechanism for
transforming specific elements in the DOM.
I was thinking about a sort of plug-in
system where certain tags have to be checked for a match against
a list of specific transformers. I thought namespace ensembles
could be an elegant way to implement it. Ensembles have also
a fallback procedure to be called when no commands match the
arguments given to the ensemble name. In most cases no
transformation will be needed and tags will be passed untouched.

As every element tag will be searched and matched
again this list my concern is about performance with
respect the old style but solid lsearch in a list of
available commands.

Anyone has insights in this problem? Thanks

  -- Massimo