Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/08 17:08:45 UTC

Move the JSP tag lib to the tuscany-sca-api module?

I was wondering about moving the JSP taglib thats currently in the
host-webapp module [1] to be in the sca-api module. The point being if you
use an IDE that can validate JSPs then if the jar with the taglib is in the
application classpath the IDE will validate the use of the taglib, so right
now that means you need to add the tuscany-host-webapp jar which seems like
it unnecessarily exposes tuscany internals to the app developer whereas if
the taglib was in the sca-api than thats seems fine to have in the
application classpath.

   ...ant

Re: Move the JSP tag lib to the tuscany-sca-api module?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
None. Its just a text file really so doesn't bring in anything new.

   ...ant

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Move the JSP tag lib to the tuscany-sca-api module?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

>From looking at the spec, there seem to be a couple of minor issues
> with this file:
>  1. The namespace is www.osog.org instead of www.osoa.org.
>  2. The final part of the URI is sca.tld instead of sca_jsp.tld.

Thanks for spotting those typos, I shall go fix them.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> ant elder wrote:
>>
>>> To work at run time yes, but not at development time so the IDE taglib
>>> validation works without them while you're developing the JSP.
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  What about org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.jsp.ReferenceTag and

My apologies.  I was unaware of this and I was deceived by the
Tuscany-specific implementation class names.

 From looking at the spec, there seem to be a couple of minor issues
with this file:
  1. The namespace is www.osog.org instead of www.osoa.org.
  2. The final part of the URI is sca.tld instead of sca_jsp.tld.

As these are official SCA APIs, I don't see why we shouldn't put
them in the sca-api module and jar.

   Simon

Re: Move the JSP tag lib to the tuscany-sca-api module?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
> > jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >  ant elder wrote:
> > >
> > >  I may not have been very clear in the first email and also left out

> > > for a
> > > different usage scenario.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jean-Sebastien
> > >

> > What we'd be saying is if you're developing SCA applications - JSPs,
> > Servlets, POJOs whatever - you need the tuscany-sca-api jar on your
> > classpath. Why is this a "different usage scenario"?
> >

> Developing a J2SE client and developing a Web app are different scenarios.
>

> > Right now this is just a single file so an entire module really does
> > seem to
> > unnecessarily complicate things. When we implement more of the JEE spec
> > and
> > it turns out that there are more API files then maybe i'd agree but
> > would it
> > be so bad untill then to put this in the tuscany-sca-api module?
> >
> >   ...ant
> >

> I think I gave you my opinion. I don't think it's right to mix different
> specs in the same JAR.
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

Guess this has hit the eternal "lots of individual jars" versus "fewer jars
with combined function" wall. I'll just leave the taglib where it is for the
time being.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.