Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/21 22:46:15 UTC

plexus config for various mojos in maven-core

Hi,

The lifecycle configuration for various mojos is located in maven-core
[1] (namely EAR). The usage of resourcesDir is being deprecated in the
EAR mojo and I would like to remove the call to the resources mojo
from the lifecycle.

Is there any good reason to keep this info in maven-core? If not, how
can we migrate smoothly?

Thanks,

Stéphane

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml?view=log

Re: plexus config for various mojos in maven-core

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
For the EAR plugin to remain backwards compatible with old versions
of Maven, you'll need to leave that mojo in there and have it behave
correctly. Unless you want to set a prerequisite on 2.1 which would
be premature.

In the future, we should move these out. However, if that were to be
done under the current architecture it would be a performance problem
(hence the <extensions/> flag on plugins).

- Brett