Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Kuo <ku...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/09 01:30:35 UTC

What is the best to terminate a Map job without it being retried

I have a collection of dirty data files, which I can detect during the
setup() phase of my Map job.  It would be best that I can quit the map job
and prevent it from being retried again.  What is the best practice to do
this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the best to terminate a Map job without it being retried

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
How about deleting/moving the dirty files in your mapper or in another job ?