Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Mathieu Migout <mm...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/13 14:07:39 UTC

embedded object in powerpoint

Hi

I want to extract embedded object from PowerPoint file (other office
document).
An embedded object is a record which type is "4113".
I can extract record. I remoce record header ( 8 bytes). I try dumping the
byte stream to a file.
But neither winzip, neither winrar can open it.

I read in a powerpoint file format description :

record type =3D 4045:
 - ExEmbedAtom
 record type =3D 4035:
 - ExOleObjAtom
record type =3D 4113
 - ExOleObjStg : A variable length container, which has LZW compressed
data, which corresponds to the Istorage data for this ole object. The
uncompressed data is a docfile, which contains the ole object data.

I try uncompressed with LZW algo but it didn't work. I don't know if my LZW
algo is wrong or if it is not LZW compressed.

thanks.

Mathieu