Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/22 15:21:36 UTC

Unable to add hosts in CS 4.1

Hi Folks,

I have setup bridging by following this section 8.1.7.2.1 on the link
mentioned below -

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html#hypervisor-kvm-requirements

Here are the agent logs - http://pastebin.com/K1amw6Eg & management logs -
http://pastebin.com/HvVQY9Rx

I came across the below link in dev mailing list - where it mentions about
Unable to add hosts in CS 4.1

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cloudstack.devel/14198

I tried setting up cloud-setup-agent where I get the below errors -

[root@xxxxxxxx ~]# cloud-setup-agent
Welcome to the CloudStack Agent Setup:
Please input the Management Server Hostname/IP-Address:[localhost]
192.168.105.145
Please input the Zone Id:[default]502ed089-2205-4dfb-bb64-e944146efca7
Please input the Pod Id:[default]171c96bb-7873-4fc8-8e10-dcc20c62cbf3
Please input the Cluster Id:[default]fc7cab70-d8aa-41f5-9fa9-71383d7ad7e6
Please choose which network used to create VM:[eth0]
Starting to configure your system:
Checking KVM...[Failed]
Please enable KVM on this machine

Try to restore your system:

[root@xxxxxx ]# lsmod | grep kvm
kvm                   314739  0

[root@xxxxx]# egrep '(vmx|svm)' --color=always /proc/cpuinfo
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm
3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor
cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy *svm* extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a
misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt npt lbrv *svm*_lock nrip_save
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm
3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor
cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy* svm* extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a
misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt npt lbrv *svm*_lock nrip_save

Any idea why is this happening ?

Thank you,
--
Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/

Re: Unable to add hosts in CS 4.1

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
thanks for updating the list... undoubtedly someone else will hit this.

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,