Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Christopher Lambrou <Ch...@msdw.com> on 2000/12/26 18:28:20 UTC

Fwd: Problem with password protected DTD

 We are using org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser() to parse thru our XML docs.
 We are getting an error whenever the XML doc specifies a DTD which is password protected:

 [XML Fatal Error] :line -1:column -1: File "http://mrmax:13000/services/CISServicesRequest.dtd" not
found.
 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "http://mrmax:13000/services/CISServicesRequest.dtd" not found.

 Note that the file is available thru a regular HTTP request (after authentication of course)

 Is there a way to tell the parser that the DTD is password protected, and supply it the username
and
 the passowrd?

 --
 Chris Lambrou
 Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.

Re: Fwd: Problem with password protected DTD

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
No, the parser doesn't support anything like that, directly. However,
you should be able to achieve the same result by providing your own
EntityResolver in which you're free to open the DTD in whatever way you
like. Have a look at org.xml.sax.EntityResolver.