Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Alexander Garvin Klenner <al...@scai-extern.fraunhofer.de> on 2011/08/02 09:33:48 UTC

tutorial problems

Hi there,

I am new to UIMA and sadly I am already failing at the simple tutorial with RoomAnnotator descriptor. I did everything as described and end up with this error in my log file when i try to load the RoomNumberAnnotatorDescriptor.xml in the CAS Visual Debugger.

02.08.11 09:17:14 - 10: org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(527): SCHWERWIEGEND: Annotator class "org.apache.uima.tutorial.ex1.RoomNumberAnnotator" was not found. (Descriptor: file:/home/aklenner/workspace/RoomNumberAnnotator/desc/RoomNumberAnnotatorDescriptor.xml)
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Annotator class "org.apache.uima.tutorial.ex1.RoomNumberAnnotator" was not found. (Descriptor: file:/home/aklenner/workspace/RoomNumberAnnotator/desc/RoomNumberAnnotatorDescriptor.xml)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent

But the class file is there, I can see it in the Eclipse workspace at the exact positon where it is strangely not found buy the CAS Debugger.

Thank you very much for any help to get me started!

Alex

Re: tutorial problems

Posted by Alexander Klenner <al...@scai.fraunhofer.de>.
Hi,

are you referring to:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: UIMA-AS Deployment Descriptor Editor 2.3.1 (org.apache.uima.as.deployeditor.feature.group 2.3.1)
  Missing requirement: UIMA-AS Eclipse Plugin: uimaj-ep-runtime-deployeditor 2.3.1 (org.apache.uima.runtime.fragments.deployeditor 2.3.1) requires 'package org.apache.uima 2.3.0' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: UIMA-AS Deployment Descriptor Editor 2.3.1 (org.apache.uima.as.deployeditor.feature.group 2.3.1)
    To: org.apache.uima.runtime.fragments.deployeditor [2.3.1]

I solved this by installing a local eclipse version in my home directory.

Regards,

Alex

--
Dipl. Bioinformatiker Alexander G. Klenner
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)

   I am also facing the same issue. It would be nice if you can share, How you solved the problem ?

Re: tutorial problems

Posted by Balaji Soundrarajan <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

   I am also facing the same issue. It would be nice if you can share, How you solved the problem ?

Re: tutorial problems

Posted by Alexander Garvin Klenner <al...@scai-extern.fraunhofer.de>.
Problem solved. It was due to insufficient rights within the uima installation.

Alex