Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Itamar O <it...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/22 17:54:10 UTC

Subversion SCC providers?

Hi list,

I am trying to integrate SVN as a source control
provider for Active-HDL (from Aldec).
I understand that Active-HDL supports the SCC API ("MSSCCI"?),
and I was wondering if anyone knows of
any free / open source SCC providers for SVN.

Thanks,
Itamar O.

RE: Subversion SCC providers?

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

AnkhSVN implements the newer MSSCCI VAPI implementation of Visual Studio
2005 and later, which allows updating the workflow to what you are used with
Subversion.

You really need the old checkout-checkin based implementation of the MSSCCI
spec for those other tools and AnkhSVN doesn't implement this (yet).

(There are some ideas on how we can provide a limited set of the AnkhSVN
features to other MSSCCI based tools, but some of the tools we really would
loved to have support for, have yet another SCC implementation)

	Bert

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

I am also interested in this for LabView which also supports the MSSCCI.  A quick search yesterday indicated that AnkhSVN supported MSSCCI but it was just an initial search, can anyone confirm / deny this?

~ mark c

Re: Subversion SCC providers?

Posted by JussiJ <ju...@zeusedit.com>.

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
Be helpful if I gave the URL to the manual:
http://support.aldec.com/KnowledgeBase/Article.aspx?aid=000775&show=avh00232.htm.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Subversion SCC providers?

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Subversion SCC providers?

Posted by Itamar O <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried AnkhSVN?

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Subversion SCC providers?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
There are no free or open-source MSSCCI providers to my knowledge.  To
get access to the API requires signing an NDA with Microsoft, so that
makes it difficult, perhaps even impossible, to have an open-source
implementation.

I am aware of three providers for SVN.  I have never used any of them.
 Here they are in alphabetical order.

AgentSVN - http://www.zeusedit.com/agent/index.html
PushOK - http://www.pushok.com/soft_svn.php
TamTam SVN - http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/tamtamsvn/