Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dave Thorn <da...@fysh.org> on 2015/11/06 10:01:17 UTC

Fop2, Java8, Tomcat7 and Bouncy Castle

Hi,

The page at

https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.0/pdfencryption.html

says "The PDF encryption implemented in FOP does not need
external libraries to perform encryption. A recent JDK (1.5+) is
sufficient. "

Yet I deployed my fop-using webapp to centos7, tomcat7,
java8(Oracle jdk) and it complained:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/bouncycastle/jce/provider/BouncyCastleProvider
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.encryption.PDEncryption.<init>(PDEncryption.java:96)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.prepareDecryption(PDFParser.java:263)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.initialParse(PDFParser.java:196)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.parse(PDFParser.java:230)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:972)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:876)

It's fixed easily enough with

      <dependency>
	<groupId>org.bouncycastle</groupId>
	<artifactId>bcprov-jdk15on</artifactId>
	<version>1.53</version>
      </dependency>

but I thought I'd enquire into the discrepancy.

ta,

--
dave thorn

Bad to the bone.

Re: Fop2, Java8, Tomcat7 and Bouncy Castle

Posted by Dave Thorn <da...@fysh.org>.
On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 10:03:37AM +0100, Luis Bernardo wrote:
> You are using PDFBox, maybe because you are using the PDF Plugin, and that
> is why you need BoucyCastle. FOP does not need it.

You read my stacktrace more closely than I did.  I am shamefaced.

:)

Thank you.

I was running pdfbox to count the pages of the pdf after
production.

--
dave thorn

Well you know, I have days.

Re: Fop2, Java8, Tomcat7 and Bouncy Castle

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.