Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andy Bosch <An...@csi.com> on 2000/10/10 10:21:43 UTC

Installing cocoon in another way

Hi,

I work with cocoon for a few month now. I have done the
installation according to the documentation.
But there is another way how you can use cocoon without
installing it like described in the documents:

CocoonServletRequest myReq =
            new CocoonServletRequest(  myXmlString, request );
cocoonEngine.handle(myReq, response);

(Here you only need the jar-files in the classpath, nothing else!)

So you generate your html-output in the servlet and therefor
you do not have to output xml.

Are there any disadvantages in using cocoon this way?

Thanks,
Andy