Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony at Bluehaze <to...@bluehaze.com.au> on 2004/06/29 18:24:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: getting SSL set up

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Grant wrote:

> Hello!  I have apache2 and mod_perl running, but my
> https pages don't work.  I am almost a complete
> newbie.  I have openssl-0.9.7d installed, but no
> mod_ssl.  Do I need mod_ssl?
>
> - Grant

Grant,
   You have to build apache with ssl, ie: in your "configure" cmd line,
make sure you include " --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl " (or
wherever your openssl is installed).
Then you have to organise certificates -
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html has a good section on
doing that (even tho the module stuff only relates to apache 1.3.x)

   Tony

Re: [users@httpd] Re: getting SSL set up

Posted by David Neu <da...@netwerx.de>.
forget my last mail! see the mail from tony
sorry for the wrong information.