Posted to user@gora.apache.org by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/17 18:32:59 UTC

Problem running the tutorial

Hi all,

I am starting a new thread on the user´s list (:
I started doing this tutorial [1] so I can see gora actually working,
but I am getting this classpath error when I try to execute the
logManager:

org/apache/gora/tutorial/log/LogManager
org.apache.gora.tutorial.log.LogManager
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.gora.tutorial.log.LogManager. Program will exit.

When I looked into the classpath variable, I realized that I have not
gotten the gora-tutorial/lib, and that it is not being generated for
some reason.

:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/lib/tools.jar:/home/hadoop/gora/gora-tutorial/lib/*.jar:/home/hadoop/gora/gora-tutorial/build/*.job:/home/hadoop/gora/gora-tutorial/build/classes:/home/hadoop/gora/gora-tutorial/build/test/classes:/home/hadoop/gora/conf:/home/hadoop/gora/gora-tutorial/conf

where gora-tutorial/lib/ doesn´t exist. Any help is highly apreciated!!

Renato M.

[1] http://gora.apache.org/docs/current/tutorial.html

Re: Problem running the tutorial

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response Lewis,

I was having problems applying the patch, but I ended up applying it
by hand. I noticed that most of the changes were on changing the
classpath build folders to ones named target, I imagine this is due to
maven right? Anyways, I am getting the now the same error described as
GORA-137 even though I think I corrected the gora.sh file.
We were always loading the gora/conf/gora.properties, and then getting
the the $MODULE/conf into the classpath. So now the file is only
getting the conf for the correct module, but for some reason it would
still get the gora/conf/gora.properties
Is there a place on the code that I should check?
Thanks very much for your help! (:

Renato M.

PS The script I sent is still dirty (it has some comments on it)
because it hasn't solved anything yet.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renato,

--