Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/29 20:19:36 UTC

How i can exclude a url pattern for a filter ?

Hi
Thank you for reading my post
I have defined a filter in my web.xml and for some of my pages it should
be applied but not for all of them.
for example i should exclude a subdirectory like : webroot/s/ from this
filter
but filter should be applied for  other subdirectory and files .

can some one tell me how i should configure it ?

My current filter mapping :

    <filter>
        <filter-name>Checker</filter-name>
        <filter-class>
            com.leg.checker
        </filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>Checker</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Re: How i can exclude a url pattern for a filter ?

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Take a peak at the code for some of the filters in Java Web Parts:

http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net

All of our filters implement a mechanism by which you can include or
exclude paths, and you can also define multiple paths (a simple
comma-separated list).  The matching and configuration is externalized
in a FilterHelpers class that you are of course welcome to use for your
own filters.

Of course, this will only help if you are talking about your own filters
that you can modify.

Frank

Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post
> I have defined a filter in my web.xml and for some of my pages it should
> be applied but not for all of them.
> for example i should exclude a subdirectory like : webroot/s/ from this
> filter
> but filter should be applied for  other subdirectory and files .
>
> can some one tell me how i should configure it ?
>

> My current filter mapping :
>
>    <filter>
>        <filter-name>Checker</filter-name>
>        <filter-class>
>            com.leg.checker
>        </filter-class>
>    </filter>
>
>    <filter-mapping>
>        <filter-name>Checker</filter-name>
>        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>    </filter-mapping>

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com
AIM: fzammetti
Yahoo: fzammetti
MSN: fzammetti@hotmail.com

Re: Easy Tomcat Linux/Unix Platform

Posted by Eric Haszlakiewicz <er...@swapsimple.com>.
On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 10:03:49AM -0400, Mark Thomas wrote:
> When starting a new thread (ie sending a message to the list about a
> new topic) please do not reply to an existing message and change the
> subject line. To many of the list archiving services and mail clients
> used by list subscribers this  makes your new message appear as part
> of the old thread. This makes it harder for other users to find
> relevant information when searching the lists.
>
> This is known as thread hijacking and is that is frowned
> upon on this list. Frequent offenders will be removed from the list.
> It should also be noted that many list subscribers automatically
> ignore any messages that hijack another thread.
>
> The correct procedure is to create a new message with a new subject.
> This will start a new thread.

	What would be really nice is if the digest emails included the
In-Reply-To header on the individual pieces, so my mail software
could actually piece together the threads in the correct way.
Right now all it has to go on is the subject, which doesn't always work.

eric

Re: Easy Tomcat Linux/Unix Platform

Posted by lrnobs <lr...@firstclasssolutions.net>.
Sorry.  I rarely post and had no idea that this would be associated with
any other post.

Larry

Posted by lrnobs <lr...@firstclasssolutions.net>.
I have a project that I need to deploy on the web.  It was up and
running as a prototype a few years ago on the current RedHat version of
that time.  I had professional help on the Linux end at that time.  I
want to deploy it with a current Linux or BSD version in the next couple
of days.

I should have it up and running on my "windows" laptop with netbeans
version 4.1 and mysql version 5 shortly.  I'm stumbling through that now
but I expect to have the prototype working again on my laptop in a few
hours.  I will make a few changes and then be ready to deploy it to the
web, but not on a windows platform.

I am looking for suggestions for which flavor of Linux to use which will
be the easiest to setup both in the setup of this Java/JSP/Tomcat/MySQL
app and web security.  I can leave SSH off which should help a lot but I
also know I need a strong iptables/iprules setup.  Trying to learn the
rules rules made me a little dizzy last time.

Last year I talked to a guy about doing this with the current FreeBSD
version at that time which I believe was 5 and he told me that binaries
were not supported and I would have to compile from source etc.  I don't
know if that is still the case today.

I would like to do this myself so the easier the better, yet I need to
have good security - maybe from a cookie cutter rules file.

Thanks,

Larry Nobs

Re: How i can exclude a url pattern for a filter ?

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.
>> John C. Dale wrote:
>>> This is a tough one - I've always configured my filters to include all
>>> relevant URL's (logical equivalent of exclusion for non-matches).

Do you mean that web.xml does not support url exclusion ?
if not , is there any way that i could exclude that S folder ?

Thanks

Posted by "John C. Dale" <jc...@downinthedesert.com>.