Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Mckee <ed...@mac.com> on 2007/07/25 21:46:23 UTC

Images in ROOT/images are not found

When I try to load images in ROOT/images I get a "requested resource
(/images/submit.jpg) is not available." error
If I move this image to ROOT/image it works.

The the file is in the images directory webapps directory is webapps/
ROOT/images/submit.jpg

The file is in the images and image directory.
ROOT/images/submit.jpg
ROOT/image/submit.jpg

(Does Not Works) http://76.79.2.227:8080/images/submit.jpg
(Works) http://76.79.2.227:8080/image/submit.jpg

I've verified that the images file works in other application
directories.  i.e. http://76.79.2.227:8080/admin/images/submit.jpg.
I looked in the web.xml files to see if there was any mapping related
to /images but couldn't find anything.

Re: Images in ROOT/images are not found

Posted by Edward Mckee <ed...@mac.com>.
David,

I relookedat the webapps directory and I was mistaken.  There is a
images directory.  I removed it and everything is now working.
Thanks for getting me pointed in the write direction.

Ed

Posted by Edward Mckee <ed...@mac.com>.
That's a good idea but it doesn't look like it.  Here are all of my
images directories under tomcat.

./server/webapps/host-manager/images
./server/webapps/manager/images
./webapps/admin/images
./webapps/balancer/images
./webapps/jsp-examples/images
./webapps/ROOT/archived/images
./webapps/ROOT/images
./webapps/servlets-examples/images
./webapps/team/images
./webapps/tomcat-docs/appdev/sample/web/images
./webapps/tomcat-docs/images

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.