Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Michael Clark <mc...@apache.org> on 2008/12/24 16:55:32 UTC

LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget target delegate

Hi all,

In org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget, most
methods are delegated verbatim to the 'target' member variable.
However, both 'LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget#resetInput' and
'LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget#resetOutput' are not delegated verbatim.
Rather, these two calls result in 'this.target.requestInput()' and
'this.target.requestOutput()' being invoked, respectively.  I apologize
if this is newbie question, but I am new to Synapse.  Can you help me
understand why these two methods not delegated verbatim?

thanks,

Mike

Re: LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget target delegate

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 08:55 -0700, Michael Clark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget, most
> methods are delegated verbatim to the 'target' member variable.
> However, both 'LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget#resetInput' and
> 'LoggingNHttpServerIOTarget#resetOutput' are not delegated verbatim.
> Rather, these two calls result in 'this.target.requestInput()' and
> 'this.target.requestOutput()' being invoked, respectively.  I apologize
> if this is newbie question, but I am new to Synapse.  Can you help me
> understand why these two methods not delegated verbatim?

Because I am getting old, forgetful and stupid (most likely already am).
Of course, those methods are utterly wrong.

I'll put some more work into logging decorators in the coming days and
fix those broken methods.

Oleg