Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert Volke <rv...@bgeltd.com> on 2008/07/14 16:29:32 UTC

How to upload images from your machine to OFBIZ?

I am trying to find out if there is a way to upload images from my machine to OFBiz using the OFBiz interface, possibly through Content>Data Resource>Image>Upload, then insert them into OFBiz static pages?  I've looked through what documentation I can find and have been unable to figure out if this is possible.  I'm trying to remove the extra step of having to do a file copy from my box to the application server. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert Volke

Re: How to upload images from your machine to OFBIZ?

Posted by Robert Volke <rv...@bgeltd.com>.
I found the function description in the content/servicedef/services_content.xml file, but I am still unsure of the process for uploading and inserting pages into existing static pages.

I'm actually coming at this from more of a user perspective than a developer perspective.  Do I need to have our developer add an event/button/etc that will use the attachUploadToDataResource function?  Or is there already a way to use this function via the default OFBiz interface.  Also, if this function is there for attaching the image file to the page, what next?  Where does the image get stored on the backend, and how can I insert it into the static page?

Thank you again for your help,
Robert Volke

Note: Sorry if you get this email twice, the first one came back as rejected

>>> "Al Byers" <by...@automationgroups.com> 7/14/2008 10:54:58 AM >>>
Robert,

See the attachUploadToDataResource service in the content dir.

- Al

Posted by Robert Volke <rv...@bgeltd.com>.
I found the function description in the content/servicedef/services_content.xml file, but I am still unsure of the process for uploading and inserting pages into existing static pages.  I'm actually coming at this from more of a user perspective than a developer perspective.  Do I need to have the developer add an event/button/etc that will use the attachUploadToDataResource function?  Or is there already a way to use this function via the default OFBiz interface.  Also, if this function is there for attaching the image file to the page, what next?  Where does the image get stored on the backend, and how can I insert it into the static page?

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
Robert,