Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Camblin, Matt" <MC...@henrywurst.com> on 2004/04/09 16:32:42 UTC

Invocation errors on new Axis server

I have an existing server (Server #1) that was a breeze to setup and deploy
webservices  successfully. I am now setting up a new server (server #2) and
am running into problems.  The  box is a Windows 2000 server with Apache
Tomcat 4.1, Java Runtime 1.4.2_04-b05, and Axis 1.1  running on port 8080.
HappyAxis reports everything is fine.  I can call the EndPoint
successfully.  After getting the webservices deployed on Server #2 I can
view them and their  WSDL correctly through the listing on
localhost:8080/axis.  To me this would indicate a  successful setup.
However I get the same java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault on every webservice
I've deployed.

The first problem experienced was while attempting to deploy webservices I
would receive 401  (unauthorized) errors from the AdminClient.  After some
research I enabled remote admin in the  server-config.wsdd (Server #2) and I
could then deploy my webservices.  I did not have to do  this on a Server #1
that was setup exactly the same.  This seemed very odd that something has
already changed enough between servers to require this action.

After I was able to get the services deployed on server #2 I started getting
the following  errors on every one of them while trying to invoke them.
Please note, these same services work fine on server #1.
Could not perform web service invocation "whateverWebService" because
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

	at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:2
60)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:16
9)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Deserializati
onContextImpl.java: 1015)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1675)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1926)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1654)
etc,etc,etc

I have confirmed through the SOAP Monitor that the Request packet is
actually created on the  server and sent but there is NO response.