Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2002/09/03 03:16:20 UTC

Pending Jar updates, including Velocity

The attached patch is part of the Velocity 1.3 upgrade.  In general it
just updates the name of the jar file used during the build process.
The actual Velocity 1.3 jar file that I will commit can be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/.

The Velocity project is nearing a 1.3.1 release, which is described as a
"bugfix to the 1.3 release, fixing specific introspection bug".
Depending on the timing and any problems with 1.3 identified by the
Jetspeed community, I may commit v1.3.1.

My testing of Velocity v1.3 with Jetspeed has not found any problems.
But I wanted to post my intent to commit this version on 08-Sep-2002.

As you may have noticed, Log4j, Ant, and Xalan have been upgrade to the
current production release.  Xerces has been upgrade to v1.4.4, which is
the current Xerces 1.x version.  Castor does not support Xerces 2.

During the next week, or so, I will be updating Commons Collection,
Commons Language, and Cactus.  I believe other are working on Turbine
and the Turbine related jars.

Paul Spencer