Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io> on 2015/10/06 01:56:05 UTC

DRAFT October Report

Hi All,
Please review the following draft of the incubation report.

Mentors,
Can you please provide number of subscribers to the dev and user lists?

*Geode*:
Geode is a data management platform that provides real-time, consistent
access to data-intensive applications throughout widely distributed cloud
architectures.

Geode has been incubating since 2015-04-27.

** Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:*
1. Have our first Apache (incubating) release (currently blocked on us solving
JGroups licensing issues) GEODE-77.
2. Expanding the community to include contributors and committers outside
of Pivotal.
3. Execute and manage the project according to governance model required by the
"Apache Way"

** Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to
be aware of*

 None

** How has the community developed since the last report?*

- The community has elected Nitin Lamba as its first Release Manager.
- Project website is being revamped.
- In September 73 issues were created and 26 resolved, bringing the total
to 382 created and 164 resolved.
- There was 1 pull requests to github in the last 30 days, for a total of
19 pull requests.
- There were 319 messages on the dev list and 32 messages on the user list.
*- There are now ? subscribers on the user and ? on the dev list.*

- Events and Conferences:
In September:
Geode clubhouse: Building Effective *Apache Geode* Applications with *Spring
Data GemFire (Sept 8th)*
*Geode clubhouse (roundtable):  Sept 30th*

Three talks at "Apache: Big Data Europe"
- An introduction to Apache Geode (incubating)
- Building a highly scalable open-source Real-time Streaming Analytics
system using Spark SQL, Apache Geode (incubating), SpringXD and Apache
Zeppelin (incubating)
- Implementing a Highly Scalable In-Memory Stock Prediction System with
Apache Geode (incubating), R and Spring XD

Upcoming in October:
Geode Clubhouse: Transactions (Oct 6th)
Geode Clubhouse: Roundtable (Oct ?)

**   How has the project developed since the last report.*

- A wiki page has been setup to track the first release:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/1.0.0+%28First%29+Release
- 11 items have been identified to reach the first release.
- Almost all unit tests now pass on feature/GEODE-77 branch (The JGroups
feature branch).
-  Good progress has also been made on stabilizing CI, by fixing various
intermittent failures in integration tests.

** Date of last release:*

   N/A - Just nightly builds.

Re: DRAFT October Report

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Looks good! Thanks a lot Swapnil!

Re: DRAFT October Report

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.

Re: DRAFT October Report

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

http://apacheconcore2015.sched.org/event/c7a28aa8d27a507579732852c3904205?iframe=no&w=&sidebar=yes&bg=no#.VhPwIbQYxpA <http://apacheconcore2015.sched.org/event/c7a28aa8d27a507579732852c3904205?iframe=no&w=&sidebar=yes&bg=no#.VhPwIbQYxpA>

http://www.slideshare.net/metatype/apache-geode-the-first-six-months <http://www.slideshare.net/metatype/apache-geode-the-first-six-months>

Re: DRAFT October Report

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Swapnil,