Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Roche <to...@ncsu.edu> on 2000/06/17 00:52:02 UTC

mod_perl setup for w2k?

The courseware project on which I labor has been running on several
webserver/platforms, notably CGI on NT IIS and mod_perl on Apache on
Solaris. My boss has decided he'd like to see it on mod_perl on Apache
on Windows 2000. I've found the docs for "Using Apache With Microsoft
Windows," and especially enjoy the part

http://apache.org/docs/windows.html
> Windows support is entirely experimental, and is recommended only
> for experienced users. The Apache Group does not guarantee that this
> software will work as documented, or even at all.

:-) I've also found Randy Kobes' mod_perl binaries at

ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/

and am planning to try perl-win32-bin-0.6.exe. If anyone has already
gotten mod_perl running on w2k, I'd appreciate your recommendations
(or pointers to documentation) regarding

* which Kobes binary you use, or

* which Apache, Perl, etc you use

* tips, tricks, traps, etc

TIA, Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu

Re: mod_perl setup for w2k?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
Posted by Kip Hampton <kh...@totalcinema.com>.
Randy Terbush wrote:

> I'd strongly disagree that this is not true.
>
> Covalent intends to make a significant commitment to making sure that Apache
> 2.0 on Win32 is on par with the Unix platform's stability and performance.

This is *excellent* news. It's always possible that I misunderstood, though
doubtful since discerning the future of Apache [especially mod_perl] on Win32
was a good portion of the reason I attended the conference and Ken *did* seem
adamant on the subject, but that said, if I did misunderstand, I sincerely
apologize for spreading disinformation.

-kip

RE: mod_perl setup for w2k?

Posted by Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net>.