Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Veikko Törmänen <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2012/08/21 08:13:08 UTC

Fix for WICKET-3947 and WICKET-4700

Hi!

I have a fix/patch for two wicket bugs:

and

This fix causes three of the junit tests to fail and I could use some help
on figuring them out.

First two are in "org.apache.wicket.markup.html.border.ComponentBorderTest"
where both of tests cause error.
I don't understand what these tests do so I've had problems on locating the
problem.

Third is in "org.apache.wicket.markup.html.internal.InlineEnclosureTest"
where testInlineEnclosurePage_1 causes error.
This test I understand but what I don't understand is why my patch causes
this error?

If someone could take a look of this patch and could help me locate my
problem I would appreciate it.

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651386/Patch_for_WICKET-3947.zip
Patch_for_WICKET-3947.zip

-Veikko

Re: Fix for WICKET-3947 and WICKET-4700

Posted by Veikko Törmänen <ve...@hotmail.com>.
>> I'm looking at the tests in the patch and I see things like:
>>
>> +
>> +               //assertEquals("InlineEnclosure has traversed page x
>> times ", new
>> Integer(1), new
>> Integer(InlineEnclosure.inlineEnclosureTraversalCounter));
>> +               //
>> InlineEnclosure.CALCULATE_INLINE_ENCLOSURE_PERFORMANCE = false;
>> +
>>
>> Not happy!
>
> Ok, we'll fix that.

Fixed.
I replaced previous patch with new one.

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
> I'm looking at the tests in the patch and I see things like:
>
> +
> +               //assertEquals("InlineEnclosure has traversed page x times ", new
> Integer(1), new
> Integer(InlineEnclosure.inlineEnclosureTraversalCounter));
> +               //              InlineEnclosure.CALCULATE_INLINE_ENCLOSURE_PERFORMANCE = false;
> +
>
> Not happy!

Ok, we'll fix that.

> Right. Sometimes it doesn't worth it.
> Then use Wicket 6+ in your next project (if you still like it ;-) ).

Heh, we try to have a platform for rapidly extending our app so a
completely new project from scratch is something I can't immagine yet.
Maybe it will be wicket 60.0 ;)

**
Martin

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Martin Makundi

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Martin Makundi

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
One more thing: Wicket 1.4.x is frozen. Only security related fixes
may go in. If we find a fix for these problems we will apply them only
in 1.5.x and 6.x

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,