Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/21 05:53:46 UTC

Re: Apache Ignite Source compilation Issue

Hi Bhargav,

First of all, can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that
the community receives email notifications? Follow the instruction here:

bhargav wrote
*
*
*
*
> ) files in this path in the source folder.  I even required source files
> for cache-api-1.0.0.jar as well, but couldnt get that any where. So
> decomplied the jar file to create source files. Added these files to
> project, but I see there are several issues in compiling the code. Could
> some one help me, how to proceed further??

Did you try to build with Maven as described in DEVNOTES? Does it work for
you? If no, please provide the Maven log with the errors you get. Otherwise
I assume that there is something wrong in your Eclipse project. Did you
import it from pom.xml or created from scratch?

Also it sounds weird that you need to have cache-api sources, we just depend
on this artifact and never build it. And I hardly believe it will work
smoothly with the decompiled files.

-Val

Re: Apache Ignite Source compilation Issue

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Bhargav,

bhargav wrote
> Now let me tell you the purpose, I need to write an extension for ignite.
> Since the cached data is stored off-heap, even I would like to have the
> retrieved cache in my code using ignite also to be off-heap. With the
> retrieved cached data from ignite, there is a process to be executed,
> which I want to be off-heap using the same variables used in ignite for
> storing data, rather than created variables in my code.
>
> Inorder to achieve this, I would like to move my code into ignite and
> execute within off-heap. Could you help me get to that file or the method
> in ignite, so that I can continue from there on.

Can you elaborate what you mean by executing the code within off-heap? It's
just a memory, it's storing the data, but not executing the code.

BTW, you're still not subscribed. Can you please do this? Your messages are
not being posted to the mailing list.

-Val